- Prepare measurement
- Start measurement
- End measurement
The system is ready for operation after switching on the main switch (500 V power supply).
A sufficient compressed air supply of at least 4.5 bar is a prerequisite for operation!
Make sure that the sheet is within the measuring range on the roller bed before starting the measurement.
After pressing the 'Start measurement' button the automatic measuring process is started as follows:
- The measuring probes move out of the reference position (measuring head opens)
- The measuring head moves between the roller bed until the centre stop reaches the edge of the sheet
- The measuring probes are positioned 100 mm away from the edge of the sheet
- The measuring probes move together for the thickness measurement.
- The measured value is recorded and displayed digitally.
- The measuring probes move apart (measuring head opens).
- The measuring head moves into the park-position.
- The probes move together for the reference measurement.
The measuring time can be reduced with the 'Prepare measurement button. After pressing the button, the probes move out of the reference position (measuring head opens). If the measurement is then started (Start measurement button), the feed unit moves the measuring head into the measuring position without delay.
If the measurement is not started within 30 seconds of pressing the 'Prepare measurement' button, the reference function is returned to automatically (measuring head closes).
This timer is necessary to avoid overheating of the measuring head.
The measuring process can be aborted at any time with the 'End measurement' button. The measuring head then returns to the defined park position.
If, for example, the measured value is not recorded due to an error in the electronics or signal line, the measuring head opens automatically after a contact time of 5 seconds and returns to the park position. This function serves to avoid overheating of the measuring head.